Tuesday 5 November 2013

Vegan Recipe of the Week - Fiery Fresh Mexican Salsa



This is a super easy, super fiery fresh Mexican Salsa which will add a spark to many dishes, including fajitas, wraps, salads, jacket potatoes, burgers, nachos, BBQs and crackers. You can cut down on the chillis and add more tomatoes if you like it milder.

Here's what you need (makes a small bowl of salsa):


12 baby plum tomatoes
1 green chilli pepper
1 red chilli pepper
The juice of 1 lime
1 red onion
4-5 cloves garlic
A small bunch of coriander
Sea salt

Method:

Place the tomatoes, chillies and garlic whole and unpeeled into a hot griddle pan or frying pan without any oil.


Turn the around until charred all over.




Take the stalks off the chillies and the skins off the garlic and tomatoes once cooled.
Peel and chop the onion and rinse the chopped onion under cold water for a minute or so.


Add all of the ingredients into a food processor and pulse until a chunky consistency.






Add sea salt to taste.

Alternatively, you can make this using a pestle and mortar if you do not have a food processor.




The salsa will keep for 4 days in the fridge in an airtight container.



Eat and Enjoy!

If you like this recipe click here for more of my recipes.

Let me know if you try this recipe out in the comments below.

Big Vegan Love,

VVx

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely simple and versatile recipe! btw I have written a short review/ recommendation of your blog in a post on www.vegancookonabudget.blogspot.co.uk, which included a screenshot I took of part of one of your pages and a link to your blog. Although it's a picture I took, it struck me that I should tell you about it just in case you had any objection. I hope it's okay with you- I love Vegan Vox and just wanted to spread the word :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I am more than happy for you to feature my blog/screenshot! Glad you like the recipe too :-) Big Vegan Love, VVx

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much! I am more than happy for you to feature my blog/screenshot! Glad you like the recipe too :-) Big Vegan Love, VVx

    ReplyDelete