Thursday 29 August 2013

Vegan Vox Reviews...V Revolution, Manchester.



As me and Mr Vox had a week off together this week, we decided to go and spend a lovely day in Manchester on Tuesday and check out their vegan/veggie scene as I had heard some good things about Manchester. I have been to Manchester many times before being vegan so this was with fresh eyes. One of the places I was most excited about visiting was V Revolution in the Northern Quarter. I had been following them on Twitter and Instagram for a while and the food looked amazing so I couldn't wait to try it. The rest of our visit to Manchester will be covered in a future post.


We arrived at V Revolution around 2pm, after walking around Manchester for several hours and we had worked up an appetite! This quirky 1950s style American style diner, with booths, sofas and red & cream chairs was inviting. As well as the all vegan diner, there is a vegan food shop selling chocolates, sweets, jerky, cheese, meat substitutes, pies, sandwiches and more! There is also a punk record shop at the back of the store to cater for your music needs as well.




We took a seat near the window and looked at the menu, it included classic American fast foods which are difficult to find as vegans, unless you make at home. There were vegan versions of big macs, chicken burgers, hotdogs as well as grilled cheese sandwiches, ice cream floats, coffees and milkshakes and cakes! there is also a daily specials board with exciting super sized versions of fast food. I was in heaven! I ordered a Nachodog and Mr Vox had a Mini Mac along with some organic lemonade and cola drinks to wash it all down with. The diner got quite busy while we were in there, although we didn't have to wait too long for our food. Whilst I was waiting though, I had a walk around the shop and viewed the community board, great for vegan meet-ups, animal rights rallies and local bands. There was a leaflet table also for people to advertise local community events, and I browsed the fridge, freezer and shelves for some vegan treats to take away with me.




Now to the food, the portion sizes were generous given the low cost and although both our meals were not very hot, they tasted delicious! My nachodog consisted of a spicy hotdog sausage in a bun topped with cheese, spicy beans, salsa and crushed nachos! Mr Vox's Mini Mac consisted of a beef-style patty in a bun with burger sauce, cheese and gherkins. This was proper vegan junk food, tasty and fun and no mung beans or lentils in sight. The staff were friendly and there was a real community vibe in the place. 






After our meals, which didn't take too long as we were hungry and they were delicious, I bought some Veganic Pizza Cheese and a Primal Strips Hickory Smoked vegan jerky bar to take home. I haven't tried either of these yet but will review them as soon as I do. V Revolution also do a loyalty card where if you buy 9 specials, you get the 10th free! 



We had a great time in V Revolution, I have never been to an all vegan restaurant before and it was so refreshing to be able to order anything on the menu without worrying about ingredients and the knowledge of the staff when it comes to veganism. I wish there was one of these in every city in the UK. Manchester, I will be back soon, I promise! 


V Revolution can be found at:

88 Oldham Street
Manchester
M4 1 LF

Please head back next week for a review of some of the other places I visited on my day trip to Manchester.

Big Vegan Love,

VVx

4 comments:

  1. Lovely detailed review - I like getting to see so many pics with it as well. This place looks so much fun - quirky - and delicious! My kind of eatery and like you say, how blissful to not have to think about whether anything on the menu is vegan and have to ask a million questions!
    Don't know when I'll next be in Manchester, but my friend's son is going to Uni there in Sept so I will pass the details of this place on to them :) chxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh you definitely need to pop in when you next visit Manchester. VVx

      Delete
  2. I adore v revolution! The best vegan food in the northwest x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really hope to hang out here someday, planning to move to manchester so thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete