Thursday, 26 September 2013

Vegan Vox Reviews...My UK Vegan Food Swap September Parcel


If you remember, last month, for the first time I took part in the UK Vegan Food Swap, run by the lovely ladies at tohappyvegans.com. You can read about last month's parcels here and here. So time has rolled around and I have now sent and received the September parcels, so in this post I will share what I sent in my box and more excitingly, what I received this month!

The UK Vegan Food Swap is free to join, you can sign up here. You get assigned a sending partner and a receiving partner and you send them a lovely box of vegan snacks and food for around a £10 value, and then you receive a lovely box in return. Who could resist a box of yummy vegan snacks? Not I!

This month, my parcel went out to Rachel aka Skatanico from Veganmayniac. I posted out her parcel of goodies and they arrived on the morning of her birthday! This is what I sent out to her:


Rachel and I emailed each other before the swap and she mentioned that she loved homemade vegan goodies, so I baked her some Ginger Snaps (recipe on the blog next week):




In addition to these yummy biscuits (with the hand written recipe), I sent her some lentil chips, cooking and dipping sauces, savoury and sweet snacks, flapjack and some herbal teas.

My sending partner this month was the lovely Kate from lookinglassblog. She sent me a wonderful box of goodies:


In my box were a range of sweet and savoury snacks and some tea along with a lovely note card :-)


The first item to be eaten from my box were these fizzy flying saucers from Sainsbury's:


I didn't know these were vegan and after sharing this picture on my Instagram and Twitter accounts, it seems many of you didn't know either! There was much excitement about being able to eat this childhood favourite again amongst fellow vegans!

The next item from my box were these Vegebears (vegan gummy bears) these are organic and fruit flavoured and were really yummy, I ate a couple and put the rest into my vegan sweetie jar!


I then enjoyed a liquorice bar and some Nakd bars, I love these bars, they are organic, raw and healthy but so tasty. I had never tried these flavours before, so that was great. These are perfect to keep in your bag for snacks on the go.



The next items in the box were a huge bag of pretzels and a huge bar of dairy-free chocolate who doesn't love salty pretzels and chocolate to snack on whilst watching a DVD on a chilly Autumn evening? Perfect!



I also got some chocolate buttons and some lovely fruit teas.



Finally, there were two items which I haven't tried before but were really yummy:



The first was satay fried broad beans, these were spicy and crunchy and really moreish! The second was a Gobblin brand fruit and sesame square, like a nutty, seedy flapjack without the oats, really nice and filling.

So this is the box of gorgeous vegan snacks I sent and received this month as part of the UK Vegan Food Swap. I hope there are some new snack ideas here that maybe you haven't seen or tried before or that you didn't realise were vegan. Don't forget to check out the blogs from my other UK Vegan Food Swappers above.

In case you haven't noticed, my blog has had an update and has useful new tabs at the top now so you can easily find recipes, reviews, events and links without having to scroll through the whole blog. I hope this makes finding what you're looking for on the blog or just browsing easier, if you like it please share a link with your friends or follow me on Bloglovin'.

Big Vegan Love,

VVx

No comments:

Post a Comment